4 Rankers Reviews
- Camping for free in a certified self-contained vehicle is allowed for a maximum of 1 night in
any four week period.
- Vehicles must park within defined spaces.
- One vehicle per space.
- All personal effects must be kept within the vehicle.
- Marked spaces only.
- Maximum 6 vehicles.
- Maximum vehicle length 5 metres.
- Normal parking rules apply 8.30am – 5.30pm.
South Island ▷ Kaikoura Region ▷ Kaikoura
FYI, only campers up to 5m length allowed in it (beautiful spot though)
Great spot right on the beach.
Little bit of a walk to the bathroom but a small price to pay for waking up to a sea view.
Credit the the local council for making this available.
One of our favourite freedom camping spots in the South Island. Right by the pebble beach with wonderful views of sea, mountains and sunset. It was only a few minutes walk to the public toilets (at the other carpark) and the town shops. There was a bit of noise from the trains in the morning but overall a very good spot
We set our camper on the edge of a pebble beach with gorgeous views of the mountains. Watched the sun set behind the mountains and woke up to a beautiful sunrise over the water. By far the best spot in this area! Would highly recommended!