147 Rankers Reviews
Call and discuss your needs.
Instant personal connection.
Credit card booking.
At ground level, the view from Taupo township is already remarkable; a lake with crystal clear waters overlooked by the powerful mountains of the Tongariro National Park. Now imagine a bird’s eye view of all of that and that’s where we’re going to take you.
A 20-minute scenic flight to altitude will have you climbing over Great Lake Taupo, the crater of a super volcanic eruption 26,000 years ago. While you’re up there you’ll be able to see the most famous mountains in New Zealand – Mount Tongariro, Mount Ruapehu and Mount Ngauruhoe (a.k.a Mount Doom from the ‘Lord of the Rings’ films). On a clear day, you may even be able to see both coasts of the North Island, Mount Taranaki to the southwest, Napier to the east and the Rotorua Lakes to the north.
Our highly skilled team of Tandem Instructors will make you feel safe and keep you entertained during your flight up in ‘Pinky’, our NZ made, skydiving specific aircraft. Our unique plane is painted pink and adorned with Maori designs and detailing, keeping the legends, beliefs and culture of our people alive.
The door will open and your instructor will introduce you to the incredible feeling of freefalling at200km/h (125mph) from 12,000ft (3,650m), 15,000ft (4,575m) or 18,500ft (5,638m) above Lake Taupo, followed by a 5-minute parachute ride down to a safe and controlled landing.
The greatest thing about a Tandem Skydive is that there is no previous experience or intensive training required. Because you’re paired with one of our expert Tandem Instructors, a few simple instructions are all you need to safely enjoy jumping out of a plane.
We also have an excellent range of HD video and photo packages available for you to choose from, we can pick you up in style from within Taupo in our FREE limousine and we also offer a FREE return shuttle to and from Rotorua.
- Free wi-fi at reception.
- Free return limousine pick up within Taupo.
- Free return shuttle from Rotorua.
- Free on-site parking.
- Wide range of individual high quality photos and video packages.
- Trusted by over 10,000 jumpers every year – Taupo being the hotspot for skydiving in NZ.
- Preferred supplier to the most renowned travel agencies and transport operators in NZ an Australia.
- Qualmark certified. We have met stringent quality standards and environmental criteria according to NZ Tourism’s official quality assurance organisation.
- Trip advisor Certificate of Excellence since 2011.
- Kiwi Experience Gold Award 2014-2016.
- TNT Golden Backpack Awards Finalist 2014-2016
- Incredible views of New Zealand’s biggest lake and most famous volcanoes.
- Amazing views even from the ground! Bring your support crew to watch you landing.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff – who will help you to choose the best package for you!
- Engaged with the community and sponsor to important charity events.
- Home of Sky – our most adorable cat – and Pinky – the mighty PAC750XL aircraft that you’ll jump off.
- Proudly New Zealand owned and operated company.
North Island ▷ Taupo Region ▷ Taupo
Showing 8 reviews of 125.
Amazing experience, very professional and efficient. Diver was friendly and kind. Would be a 10 but the video was very overpriced although it is amazing quality and edited so well!
Crew really friendly and the spot of the jump is awesome. And cheap!
It was an amazing skydive and the cheapest in New Zealand! Awesome!
The sky diving was amazing and the view from the plane was breathtaking!
No words for it, it was just great!!
What an experience!! The freefall was breathtaking and afterwards enjoyed the scenery while gently flying down. I was even allowed to steer the parachute myself for a few moments. Got a fully monty with handy cam and freefall cam and video - great memory to take home and share. Would have chosen a more scenic spot though if doing it again.
It is the cheapest skydive in New Zealand with an excellent view over the whole region! Just chose a sunny day without clouds and it will be perfect. And take the jump from 15,000ft. It is a longer free fall.
Skydive from 16,000ft, real sensation and great team to spend a few minutes flying with.