• Walk to the end of the beach
• Cross the lagoon stream
• Walk on the boulders at the edge of the sea until you reach the path
• Follow the path that takes you across the saddle to New Chums
• Wear sand shoes or walking shoes
• Best not to walk when there is a high surf running
• Take a water bottle and a towel
• Time taken is 30 minutes -- each way
• NO CAMPING - NO OVERNIGHTING - NO ALCOHOL
• ALCOHOL IS BANNED FROM THIS BEACH BY THE TCDC
8 reviews with the most recent first
Thanks to all the good people working for the NZ Department of Conservation - for all your hard work - making NZ more beautiful, accessable and healthy! Cheers 😍
Amazing beach well worth the walk to get there!
Save up to 70% on campsite fees! Support conservation and experience the natural beauty of NZ. 93 Department of Conservation campsites, one convenient pass.
White sand, quiet place, clean sea.
Access savings worth hundreds of $$ on Top Ranked NZ Accommodation and Activities for just $1 per day.
The New Chums Beach is a pretty sick beach here in New Zealand, you can't go by car so you walk around 30 minutes to the beach along the coast. You can climb a little hill/mountain and have an overview to the beach. It is not so much tourism as Cathedral Cove.
Most beautiful beach we have ever seen.
One of the best beaches I have ever seen in my life and not overcrowded.
Best beach I have ever seen! Just a few people. But the walk to the beach is full with stinky algae.
Very nice walk along the beach and on the rocks. The New Chums Beach was really amazing!