68 Rankers Reviews
3 Group Tours
Our best trips are the ones where a “Aroha NZ Tours guide” is with you, because the “host” acts as part concierge and part friend, making sure all details are as planned, but also designing experiences that enhance the understanding of our country. We know how to show you the very best that this beautiful country has to offer and we are confident that you will leave New Zealand in the knowledge that you selected the right tour operator for you.
• The moment you arrive at the airport in New Zealand you will not have to deal with any further travel details…apart from Customs. Please bring adequate passport identification and follow the rules closely.
• You have private airport transfers organized already.
• The guide will see to your personal needs and make sure your personal guided tour gets off to a great start.
• Throughout your journey you are accompanied by a professional and experienced local driver-guide for flexible touring--based on your interests.
• We provide a 24 hour, 7 day support, any enquiries you make will be responded to efficiently by our team.
• You stay in our “handpicked” central city “premier hotels” and “boutique accommodation” with an emphasis on warm hospitality.
• We organize overnight stays in small, private, top luxury B&B’s and lodges set in spectacular locations.
• You will receive expert advice from our New Zealand specialists, all of whom travel throughout New Zealand regularly.
• Travel in a comfortable luxury sedan or van vehicle, arriving at your destination safely.
• We recommend the best in activities, adventure, or low-key ‘chill out’ providers to enhance your New Zealand experience.
• Your guide will see fit you dine at reputable, gourmet restaurants or enjoy local specialties in stunning settings.
• Your guide will keep you updated about alternatives day trips or optional activities daily.
• We know the most fantastic places to wine and dine and let loose or rest comfortably.
• Our Guide understands the art of discretion.
• Discover areas off the “beaten track”—leave nothing but your own footsteps
• Meet some real New Zealander characters (Kiwis) on their own “home-turf”. Some are rather unforgettable…
North Island ▷ Taupo Region ▷ Taupo
Showing 8 reviews of 68.
out standing high quality service with a professional understanding of each client needs and sensitivities .
personal touch and constant communication making sure we get the best .
Save up to 70% on campsite fees! Support conservation and experience the natural beauty of NZ. 79 Department of Conservation campsites, one convenient pass.
We had one of the most memorable vacations in New Zealand in October 2019. We booked our tour with Aroha Newzealand Tours after a recommendation from a friend. They are extremely professional and understood our needs as a vegetarian family of 4 (with 3 members prone to travel sickness).
The15 day trip covering North & South Island was custom made for us with room for unexpected changes. Our special recommendations for Mr.Steve- an extremely knowledgeable gentleman, who ensured a stress-free vacation.
Access savings worth hundreds of $$ on Top Ranked NZ Accommodation and Activities for just $1 per day.
Aroha Tours was spectacular! We used Aroha for our 2 week honeymoon in New Zealand. The trip was beyond perfect. Veronika, the owner, planned everything to perfection according to our preferences. Our tour guides Steve and Dave were fun and knowledgeable, putting up with us on hours in the van. If you ever visit New Zealand, use Aroha! We got to know both islands in an intimate manner and had an amazing time.
I had my destination wedding in Queenstown, New Zealand this year and engaged Aroha Tours to plan a tour for my guests from Singapore. We are very impressed with the itinerary Veronika planned for us and the meticulous and thoughtful service provided by Steve, our tour guide. Our guests had a nice, relaxing and memorable time in New Zealand! All thanks to the impeccable service delivered by Aroha Tours. I have to say, this is the best tour agency we have ever engaged internationally! If you are looking for a superb, luxurious and relaxing vacation in New Zealand, look for Aroha Tours! They are the best! ❤️
Veronika at Aroha Tours planned a two week trip for my husband and me with 4 days on the North Island and 10 days on the South Island. The trip was marvelous in every way, and we unhesitatingly recommend Aroha. The tour was planned with careful attention to our preferences and great flexibility The places we stayed were lovely and welcoming. Our driver/guides (Dave and Steve) were efficient, friendly, knowledgable -- a joy to know.
An amazing experience. We first contacted Veronika 6 month ahead of our visit. Veronika made it all much simpler than anticipated. The planning process was simple. Veronika took the time to listen to us. She perfectly accommodated the criteria we provided her with, including budget, type of lodging and type of activities. Fast forward to February 2019... the visit in the South Island of NZ was absolutely amazing. We stayed in lodges that were unique and visited locations that were amazing. The locations, the food prepared for us in each location and the activities we participated in were all carefully selected by Veronika and were spot on. People likely visit the same locations but it is really all about how you get there, when you get there and everything that happens in between.
We have also greatly enjoyed the private guide that accompanied us throughout our stay. Zuzana was wonderful. Very knowledgeable and acomodating for all of our requests. Things change due to weather in a trip like ours and Zuzana, working with Veronika, was able to come up with ideas and alternative plans that proved to be great.
We recommend touring NZ with Aroha Tours and Veronika. I wish we could do it again next year.
Noa and Nir
My family and I have returned to the USA from the most well organized tour we have ever be on. Aroha tours was a pleasure to work with from day one. Veronika responded to my initial email requesting an itinerary with a 24 hour period. I think this in itself is impressive. We worked together for several weeks and Veronika included everything in the itinerary that my family requested.
Upon our arrival, Dave,our tour guide, was promptly waiting for us. He gathered all our bags and off we went. We traveled from Christchurch to the west coast. Dave was always on time getting us to all our planned activities and also suggesting impromptu stops . He was a great guide and friend. We will miss him.
Jaime G. del Rosario
We were a party of two senior parents (me and my wife) three adult children and two daughters in-law and we had only eight days to try and see as much of New Zealand as we could. At the minimum, we wanted to see Auckland and Rotorua on the North Island and Christchurch and Queenstown on the South Island. I also wanted our five children and daughter in-laws to experience a jet boat ride, a Maori cultural performance, wine tasting, a Lord of the Rings experience, punting on the Avon, some close ups of glaciers, plus whatever else could be crammed into the short time available. In the end, we settled on Aroha Tours, owned and headed by Veronika Vermeulen, a transplanted German who had fallen in love with the country as a young girl and decided to set up her outfit after having worked for several years in and around NZ’s travel industry.
Veronika was very conscious in making the tour private in the true meaning of the word. She suggested a private dinner cruise on Lake Taupo that turned out to be a great experience. She suggested a glow worm cave that was private and where we could take pictures – unlike the other group tour based glow worm tours – though we saw less glow worms than the more popular places. She also hinted that Maori cultural dinner performances were too touristy and she suggested an actual Maori greeting and dance on historical Mokoia Island.
My wife and I were impressed with Veronika’s quickness to suggest alternatives. It was Veronika’s responsiveness to our comments, questions, and suggestions that tipped the decision in favor of Aroha. She was also the first to come up with a complete first-draft itinerary which impressed me a lot. Looking back, we made a great choice – Veronika delivered on the promises and kept a watchful eye on everyone. I would without hesitation heartily recommend Veronika Vermeulen’s Aroha Tours for couples or families wanting a top-class private NZ tour.