331 Rankers Reviews
9 Group Tours
Call and discuss your needs.
Instant personal connection.
Credit card booking.
Forget long coach journeys with different people constantly hopping on and off. Haka Tours offers the ultimate in New Zealand adventure - small group tours exploring the best of what our beautiful country has to offer!
Choose tour options from 3 to 24 days and customise your tour with a wicked selection of optional adventure activities. Our tours include all your accommodation, transport, breakfast, tour manager, guided tour in every location and heaps of added extras along the road.
A Haka Tour is not just a standard New Zealand holiday. We promise you will leave having both learned and experienced our country first hand, pushed yourself to limits you never thought you could reach, made a great group of friends from all around the world, and played a role in a thousand stories to amaze the folks with back home.
You can also check out our Haka Snow Tours reviews under "Skiing & Snowboarding".
Check us out here: https://hakatours.com
South Island ▷ Canterbury ▷ Christchurch
Showing 8 reviews of 331.
My 2nd time with them and was epic! Loved the mix of people and most people being solo travellers like me and the fact I could pre-book the activities I most wanted to do and my guide, Burto was amazing!
I did the 7 day South Island Lick tour which started in Christchurch and included visiting the beautiful lakes of Tekapo and Pukaki, as well as Queenstown, Wanaka and Fox Glacier. Our guide Jacinta had a lot of experience and was well informed about each place we visited, but also did a fantastic job making it fun for everyone and organising the activities. One of the best parts of the tour was getting to spend a week with a bunch of keen travellers of all ages and ethnicities-we all made some great bonds and many of us still keep in touch! I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone who wants to see the best parts of New Zealand with a fun group of people.
I did the 10 day tour around the North Island and it was awesome! We had a great range of people of varying ages and ethnicities, all of which got on really well with each other. All of the activities were great fun, and even the included ones were amazing. Our tour guide was amazing and was super easy to talk to casually, and professional when we needed. Overall, it was an amazing experience which created some life-long memories with some new life-long friends.
I did the South Island Lick Tour with Haka Tours and it was a great experience. Awesome experience to travel around and add-on cool experiences. Our tour guide was super informative, professional but also easy to get along with and was always around when needed. Great mix of people on the bus from all around the world and there is good balance between doing activities and driving. Highly recommend to anyone looking at booking a trip around NZ. Haka Tours will have you covered.
To avoid absolutly !!
Avis sur Tour légendaire de Nouvelle-Zélande de 20 jours
Avis en attente
I booked the 20 days tour for 2000€ (3599$)
Haka tour is a scam !! Be very careful and I give you all the reasons with links :
The price is really too expensiv for what is really included :
- The bus is uncomfortable, there is no wifi and no plug at all, if you are tall you have to take 2 sits.
- You will sleep in dorm in hostels, nothing special.
- NO ACTIVITY IS INCLUDED : what they say in their website about the activities included are in fact free activity you can do by your own for FREE, they had to pay almost nothing but they charge you for "shuttle". Just for example, ap Reinga is free but if you want to do it you have to pay 80$, Coromandel cathedral cove is free but they say "included" on their website, etc...
- The "intercontinental breakfast" is in fact some food your tour guide will buy for you at the supermarket, you have to cook it yourself and dishwash everything, nothing special in this breakfast.
- YOU CAN NOT CANCEL if you really dislike this tour, like me, you can not cancel
- THEY CAN CHANGE WHAT THEY WANT : because of the weather in my tour some activities were canceled and they don't refund your money back and they don't care
- TONS OF DRIVING : You will do all your tour in the uncomfortable bus, you have not time to really visit (for example just 1 night in Christchurch and Wanaka)
- Average age of 33 years old, they are totally lying, in my tour there were not many people under 30 years old, and if you ask to the hostels and customers you will finaly discover that youngest people are rare in this tour.
- THEY DON'T GET DISCOUNT OR PAID ACTIVITIES : If you book an activity with them, don't expect to get this activity a little bit less expensiv because in reality the prices are the same if you book via haka tour or directly with the activity.
Haka Tours currently have a mortgage on this Award. Congrats to Haka, once again!
Bad customer service.
They give around 4 weeks notice before cancelling the trip.
Did not want to give a refund before then.
Do not book with them
I booked Haka Tours because I had read the reviews so I had positive expectations that I have will have an amazing experience. Unfortunately, the opposite happened.
The problem was the tour guide. She was a very rigid person and very arrogant. She used to be nice occasionally but deep down inside her behavior was worst.
She was always in a rush. When I asked her why we are always in a rush, she put the blame on me saying that I am always late. Instead of behaving and ensuring customer satisfaction, she had an attitude problem and behaved in the worst manner.
Also, I observed that she did not treat all ethnicities equally in the tour group. She treated white above all other ethnicities. Now, this was shocking to experience.
I wish and I genuinely wish we had a better tour guide.... Haka Tours is a big NO from me!
We are a family of 5 from Manila, Philippines. Jenny Power expertly arranged our private tour of the North and South Islands within the budget we set and within our time frame. Rhys, our engaging and amiable guide, while new with Haka, made our tour seamless, including transitions with 3rd party operators. Sceneries, people and culture taken as whole, this is our best family vacation.
HAKA is indeed true to its ranking. We will definitely recommend it to our friends.