322 Rankers Reviews
A Spaceship offers you the freedom to explore New Zealand in a custom designed, award-winning camper that is like a good car to drive but with more useful features than a campervan. The compact campervans are versatile, fun and fuel efficient and backed up by a trusted and friendly customer service team. Spaceships really are the Swiss army knife of Campers - a great upgrade from a standard car hire, or a more convenient and cost-effective alternative to hiring a large campervan for your adventure in New Zealand.
Enjoy the smoother drive and better handling on the hilly and windy roads of New Zealand, access places bigger vehicles can’t, and save on fuel. These campers are easier to park and manoeuvre in built-up areas and cheaper to cross the Cook Straight on the ferry between the North and South Islands.
North Island ▷ Auckland Region ▷ Auckland
Showing 13 reviews of 299.
We lived the van as it was so easy to drive and park! Next time I would get a slightly bigger one where I didn’t have to make up the bed each night!
The Spaceship we leased suited us perfectly. Everything worked well and we had no problems navigating around both islands. We didn’t prebook any camping grounds and found it very easy to find an unpowered site at any location we wanted. The utensils supplied were adequate although we would have appreciated a sharp cutting knife and spatula.
I appreciated the thick cotton sheets which felt quite luxurious. No towels were supplied however. The doona kept us warm, even on cool nights.
The two of us visited Christchurch for our honeymoon - we didnt need a luxurious holiday. We love how spaceship was cosy and just sufficient for the two of us. They had more than sufficient cooking equipment provided which was clean and of decent condition. My husband has sensitive nose, but thankfully the car is rather clean and did not trigger his allergy. Although it is not self contained, there are plenty of public toilets that were very clean, so did not have to worry. The only concern we had was where to shower, which we had to book motels or find public showers. The spaceship app was really helpful, though we used campermate app as a supplement as well. The staff were very friendly, and the office is very cosy with free coffee and water, and a "donation" space for the next "space traveller" - we took quite a lot of condiments and gas canisters which were really helpful for the trip (saved us a lot of money!) The only think about public camping/cooking was the concern about sand flies and mosquitoes (we bought a cloth mesh to cover the windows when we sleep instead of buying their mosquito nets).
Customer service is spot on. Any time I needed help with anything they were happy and eager to help. The bed in my van was very comfortable. It was a bit annoying having to adjust the seats in order to make and take down the bed almost every morning and night, but the trade off is that I was able to drive the van around like a car instead of having to drive around slow like the larger campervans. I brought USB powered colored LEDs to light up the inside of the van at night. I would highly recommend doing that! Overall great experience! I had the stealth dream sleeper.
The service provided was pretty good. What I liked the most was the staff, really friendly and willing to help. However, the car provided was pretty old and worn out. It had no mechanical issues but you could see that it was an old model.
Great experience with this camper an. The company respected the deal and gave us tons of information and a SIM card! Overall our experience with the van and exploring Aotearoa was superb
We rent our dream sleeper mini (eros) for 10 days to explore NZ south island. It was easy to drive and smooth. You can easily park anywhere and fit into small parking space because they are not big like normal campervan. They got gps and rear parking camera too, so it is convinient to drive.
The only downside of this car is their fuel consumption. As they already quite old, they consumed a lot of petrol. (but larger campervan will cost more). Other than this, everything was perfect.
We feel like we had bad luck with spaceship since all the other reviews are so positive, but our experience with spaceship was definitely not the best :
- THE CAR HAD A MECANICAL BREAKDOWN LITTERALY TWO DAYS AFTER WE PICKED IT UP THAT ALMOST COST US OUR LIVES; Some bolts were missing near the motor, and the motor belt snapped, damaging a lot of things inside, and overheating the motor, wich made the antifreeze liquid explode all over... THIS MEANS THAT THERE IS NO MECANIST CHECKING THE CARS WHEN THEY ARE GIVEN TO CUSTOMERS, which is dangerous AND irresponsible.
- The car had 300.000+ Km and did 9 to 11 L /100 km (which is a LOT compared to most vehicules)
- The vehicules are not self contained, when for less price other companies offer better self-contained vehicules
- The sliding doors of the car were broken and did not function proprely.
- The car was FULL of dents, and on one side the metal was so broken it was almost dangling!
- The person in charge of our dossier, Jake in Auckland, was truely unhelpful. He litteraly gave us the key of the car, and send us our way. Thanks god we asked another spaceship employee for the information : Martin was really nice and told us how to turn on the fridge, how to open the reservoir, the hood, where are the tools in case of a flat tire, and other important information, which saved our day during the mechanical breakdown. Appart from Jake and customer service, the front staff was nice.
- Spaceship's custumer service is the worst one in the world, they laughed at us when we had a problem with our booking agent
0/10, would never book again.
Our car rental experience was very good. The only negative was that there was no shuttle to and from the airport. The Dreamliner was a delight to drive and the fridge, cooker and odds and ends were sufficient. WE will hire again on our future trips to New Zealand.
Spaceship rentals has been a huge deception so far.
I tried to book a campervan from the 22nd April, beta2s, and it took them 4 days to let me know it wasn’t available.
They offered me another model for the 23rd, however I’ve never accepted the offering. Nevertheless, they booked it in my name (model and date I’ve never accepted).
I got in touch a few times, both on line and making phone calls, and I received the information the booking had been cancelled.
However, today I received an email requiring me to make an online check in, what means the booking, which I’ve never requested, is still on!
And now, instead of being enjoying my holidays, I’m tying to have it solved.
By the way, I got in touch through the chat and they told me to wait for their “team” to contact me.
Again, the problem wasn’t solved.
No problemo - easy to drive, great service and great car.
- comfortable and quick rebuilding
- lots of average day stuff for cooking and sleeping
- easy handling with driving
- friendly service team with free coffee
- free gimmicks from spaceships (key chain, playing cards)
- rear side door was not working perfect ( we have been wedged painful in several times, that's an absolutely no go!!!)
- both side doors weren't fixed when open because the button hinges weren't working anymore (was painful too when not being cautious)
- no battery jumper cable or warning triangle inside (we were lost without it)
- splotchy and uncomfortable mattress (ugh!)
- bleeding expensive service fees for recharging empty battery (we had fully comprehensive insurance)
- sloppy and overhasty briefing
Van wasn't worth payment of 2000Euro...so never again!!!
Vans are outfitted very well, however the company slapped a $700.00 fine on us for returning the van to Auckland as opposed to Christchurch, after we spoke with an employee who confirmed this was okay. There were no higher ups in the office to help us sort it when we dropped the van, and now the company has slowly stopped responding to emails.