3 Rankers Reviews
41 Group Tours
Take a comfortable and informative tour through the heart of central Christchurch, and gain a unique insight into what happened in the September 2010 and subsequent earthquakes.
- Enter parts of Christchurch including Cathedral Square usually closed to the public. The only tour to journey behind the scenes of Christchurch's CBD Red Zone.
- Learn about the seismic activity in Canterbury
- Hear about what happened on the days of the earthquakes
- Learn details about the fate of Christchurch's iconic central city buildings
- See how the city is changing
A key focus of the tours is what the future holds for the CBD, including plans for redevelopment.
South Island ▷ Canterbury ▷ Christchurch
This was a guided tour of Christchurch outlining the earthquake disaster (2011) impacts, response and recovery. Did this as a part of a university course. Well worth it. Only way to appreciate how bad the event was. Shocking.
Save up to 70% on campsite fees! Support conservation and experience the natural beauty of NZ. 78 Department of Conservation campsites, one convenient pass.
Did not have long in Christchurch so this was an ideal trip, very informative.
Access savings worth hundreds of $$ on Top Ranked NZ Accommodation and Activities for just $1 per day.
A really informative and interesting tour. The red zone is much smaller now so the tour is only about 60 minutes, but very emotive.