Number of tent sites - 45. Tapotupotu campsite is a wilderness camping area accessible by road with minimal facilities.
• No bookings – first come/first served
• Serviced by DOC rangers daily peak season
• Self-registration during off-peak period
• Back-country hut pass does not apply
• Campervan access
• Eligible for NZMCA pass except between 23 December and 1 February when the pass is not valid
Water from tap
18 years and over.
5-17 years. 0-4 years are FREE.
Thanks to all the good people working for the NZ Department of Conservation - for all your hard work - making NZ more beautiful, accessable and healthy! Cheers 😍