- Every camping location is shown on this free map - a first for NZ.
- Backed by all council representatives, DOC asset managers and holiday park owners. If the camping site is on the map, the relevant authority has approved it.
- Well informed travellers can relax in the security of knowledge, while still enjoying their freedom.
- Over 500 freedom camping spots spread around the country, plus hundreds of well equipped holiday parks.
New Zealand is a campervan nirvana - a small, sparsely populated country with friendly locals and scenic serenity. This unique travel mix has led to a large upsurge in motorhome travel over the last decade.
When it comes to freedom camping, a lack of respect in some instances has tested many local's patience. While a lack of information has left the traveller feeling confused. This map helps us all.
Remember you have the freedom of choice - enjoy and follow these 'I Respect NZ' golden rules:
- Please don't stray. Only camp in the designated locations shown.
- If your vehicle isn't self contained, please stay where toilets are provided.
If you respect New Zealand, the locals will respect you in return, and good times abound!
Have a great time exploring and feel free to give back by leaving your independent feedback on www.rankers.co.nz.
The Rankers Crew