Summer (Nov – Mid-Apr): 10:15am and 3:15pm Daily
Peak Season (15th Dec – Feb 28th): 9:45am and 2:15pm Daily
Winter (Mid-Apr – Oct) 1:15pm Daily
3+ Years (3 - 5years ok if accompanied 1:1 by an adult)
• 1hour 45 minutes on the river (3 hours base to base)
• All on-river apparel and Rafting Equipment
• Full safety briefing
• 8kms (5miles) of Grade 2 rapids
• Stop in at the National Trout Centre
• Cliff jumps (Optional)
• Swimming (Optional)
• On-River hot chocolate and chocolate snacks
• Solar powered hot showers and heated changing rooms
• Beer for adults, soda for children
• River Dog (hot dog) provided for everyone (Vegetarian Option as well).
• Tokaanu Hot Pools or DeBretts Hot pools (Taupo) vouchers
• Hot Mulled Wine option for adults
New Zealand’s best family rafting adventure happens just a few minutes outside of Turangi on the lower reaches of the Tongariro River – world famous for its pristine water, incredible scenery and awesome wild life.
Suitable for ages 3 and up, our Tongariro Family Fun is an adventure for people wanting a safe, intimate introduction to white-water rafting. The 8km (5 mile) journey is perfect for families with young children, more senior of citizens or those that are just not very water-confident.
The entire Tongariro Family Fun adventure is ‘hands-on’ and engaging; it so unique that you will think you are miles away from civilization while riding a series of 20+ rapids – with our professional raft guides ensuring everyone is enjoying themselves with authentic Maori myths and legends unique to this part of the country, fun, laughter, water education, safety tips and expert trivia about the fragile Tongariro environment.
The Tongariro Family Fun Adventure also includes a visit to the National Trout Centre where you can feed the Trout and enjoy snacks provided. Plus, an optional cliff-jumping and swimming in the river is also offered to those that are feeling confident, all within a safely monitored environment.