Porritt Stadium is Hamilton's designated COVID-19 self-isolation site for campers with vehicles: certified self-contained and non-self-contained.
The Government has ruled out non-essential travel. Everyone is required to stay in one place and practise physical distancing while New Zealand is at Alert Level 4.
Freedom campers must stay at Porritt Stadium and not other public spaces in Hamilton during self-isolation. This is a Civil Defence directive.
• The stadium carpark has space for 18 vehicles and nearby fields could be used if necessary
• Site and facilities are free of charge
• 24/7 on-site security
• Showers, toilets and drinking water
• Temporary dump station on-site and permanent dump station at the end of Tui Ave, beside Minogue Park
• No tents - you must sleep in your vehicle
• Essential services nearby, including supermarkets and a medical centre
• Visitors can stay for the duration of the lockdown
• Porritt Stadium is already a designated freedom camping site. Usual rules on type of vehicle and length of stay do not apply during lockdown
See Hamilton.govt.nz/freedomcamping for more information
North Island ▷ Waikato ▷ Hamilton
Can you contribute? If you've experienced Hamilton then please and write a review.