2 Rankers Reviews
A maximum of six self-contained vehicles be permitted to park there at any one time.
Drivers/owners of those six self-contained vehicles cannot be parked there for more than three nights in any one month.
The car park is available for overnight parking only between 5pm and 9am each day for up to three consecutive nights.
Porritt Stadium is available for freedom camping 365 days of the year, within the prescribed time period. The park has a toilet facility.
• You must camp in a self-contained vehicle displaying a NZS5465:2001 Self Containment Warrant.
• Use the facilities provided.
• Leave the site in the condition in which they found it – in particular, please dispose of any rubbish appropriately.
• Not prevent other park users from undertaking legitimate activities in the location (please note Porritt Stadium and its car park are used for a football club based at this site, and for athletics events also held at this venue).
• There is an authorised dump station for campervans at the end of Tui Avenue (adjacent to Minogue Park).
Campers may also camp at on public roads in any time unrestricted car-parking space across the city. The self-contained vehicle is not parked on the same road for any continuous period exceeding three days without authority from the Council.
Freedom camping is not permitted in Civic Square and Garden Place, as set out in the Freedom Camping Register.
North Island ▷ Waikato ▷ Hamilton
GERARD & AXELLES
good place to stay a night.
toilets clean enough, but closed at night.
3min walk next to the sports field.
plenty places left, even in summer.
some dodgy cars and people around,
but enough FDcampers to feel safe.
It’s a big carpark next to a sports oval and athletics track. There are toilets in the aths clubhouse, but the gate gets locked at night. It was reasonably quiet but pretty sure we saw a drug deal take place! There were a few other campervans staying there too.