34 Rankers Reviews
Number of tent sites - 40. Camp wardens are on site all year round.
- Fires are not permitted at any time.
- Access is gravel (covers small distance of 50 metres)
- Please pay and register on arrival
- Dogs on leads at all times
- No public access 7 pm to 7 am
- Gate closed 10 pm to 7 am
- All rubbish to be recycled at rear of toilet block
- Vacate sites by 10.30 am
- Please conserve water
- Respect other campers by limiting noise
- No refunds will be issued at the campsite. Refunds are only issued in exceptional circumstances e.g. the closure of the camp due to a storm event and can be applied for by writing to the Programme Manager, Visitor Assets.
Length of stay: persons treating the camp as a place of residence shall be subject to the same 'two weeks in, one week out' rule that NZMCA users are obliged to observe. This will prevent the camp developing semi-permanent residents and maintain its purpose as a campground for holidaying. The campground managers will decide what constitutes treating the camp as a residence. This will not affect those persons and families on holiday.
18 years and over.
5-17 years. 0-4 years are FREE.
Thanks to all the good people working for the NZ Department of Conservation - for all your hard work - making NZ more beautiful, accessable and healthy! Cheers 😍