24 Rankers Reviews
Number of tent sites - 65. No bookings – first come/first served. Self-registration during off-peak period
Water from tap
- Campsites are social places, but everyone needs some rest and relaxation. Show respect for others' quiet enjoyment of the outdoors by limiting noise between 10pm and 7am.
- No fires at any time
- No fireworks at any time (sky lanterns are absolutely banned)
- No domestic animals permitted in campground
- No rubbish bins on site. During peak season December to February, rubbish is collected daily (as per council fees per bag - subject to change)
- At all other times, please remove your rubbish. “Take in, take out” policy. Food scraps attract vermin.
- Nearest rubbish transfer station is at Houhora
- Mosquitoes prolific – take insect repellent
- The exposed beach break may be treacherous so take care in the water
- Serviced by DOC rangers daily from early December to Easter
- Back-country hut pass does not apply
- Campervan access/eligible for NZMCA pass but the NZMCA pass is not valid between 23 December - 1 February
- Open fires and fireworks are not permitted on any public conservation land in Northland, including DOC camp grounds and on the beach. For more information please contact the local DOC office.
18 years and over.
5-17 years. 0-4 years are FREE.
Thanks to all the good people working for the NZ Department of Conservation - for all your hard work - making NZ more beautiful, accessable and healthy! Cheers 😍